Thursday, September 13, 2012

Small Victories

Public Service Announcement (that the public will likely not be interested in nor serviced by).  In the interest of celebrating small victories on the path to fitness, I wish to declare to the world:

My pants fit.  Well, they fit better.

Granted, these are the largest pair of pants I own.  I almost gave them away a few years ago because they were my designated superfat pants.  Since they did not have belt loops I had to pin up a few inches to keep them from falling off and inadvertently mooning innocent bystanders. Earlier this summer, when none of my other clothes were fitting, I found the superfat pants and wore them out of necessity, muffin top be damned.  "Ugh, this is just the way it is," I thought, and tried to wear flowy shirts to distract from said muffin top.  This morning, I found myself in a similar position (aka: all my roomy dresses were in the wash), so I dug up the trusty superfat pants. To my delight, I did not have to suck in my gut to button them, and the muffin top was considerably smaller!  I even opted to pair them with a non-flowy shirt that I haven't been able to wear in a while. There are still notable remnants of spillage, but certainly more acceptable and tolerable amounts.

And, tonight J and I will have our second gym date this week. I rather like these dates. Tuesday we sat next to each other on stationary bikes and caught up on the day's events whilst elevating our heart rates.  Tonight's endeavor will be side-by-side ellipticals during which I will tell J all about my oh-so-exciting day of public health research and he will listen politely before telling me some gruesome story about a call they got. Then he'll swim and I will run, we'll reconvene at home for dinner and possibly a movie. Or at least that's what I hope will happen.

AND I already have another activity-laden date with friends this week! The sassy Ms. S, smile-for-miles P and I will be going for a woodland hike and picnicking al fresco.  Love it!


That is all for today, readers.

Oh, except this.  Can you believe this thing is real?!

Can you laugh and hurl at the same time?  Yup.  You just did.

2 comments:

  1. This post is SCREAMING for a 30 rock reference...

    i couldn't get a good version of the video, but here's the audio!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1WY_BxSnD8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I totally forgot about that episode! Thank you, Queen of the Internet! :D

      Delete